SFD PRESS RELEASE
On August 18, 2011 at 7:11 PM Scott Fire Department was dispatched to a mobile home on fire located at 230 Jenkins Road lot 55. Upon arrival (9:14 PM) units observed fire from the front area of the home.
Crews made entry into the home and extinguished the fire which was located in the attic space over the bath and bedroom of the structure. The fire was quickly brought under control (7:29).
Firefighters were able to confine the blaze to the bed and bathroom area of the structure, which sustained moderate damage.
The homeowner was not home at the time of the fire, and there were no injuries.
An ingestion of the incident determined that a lightning strike was the cause of the blaze.
Please feel free to contact me if I can assist in this or any other matter.