Upon arrival at 10:51, personnel observed smoke and flames coming from the downstairs apartment of the fourplex. Crews made entry into the apartment to find a fire located inside of a wall, of one of the rooms. Crews confirmed that the fire spread to the apartment directly above, and an additional crew was sent to the upstairs apartment to extinguish that fire.
An investigation concluded the fire was accidental in nature. While installing a new air conditioner, soldered wires smoldered inside the wall, initiating a fire.
Structure damage to the two rooms where the fire was located was moderate, which caused minor smoke damage throughout the remaining fourplex.
No one was home at the time of the incident and no one was injured.
Firefighters from Duson and Judice responded to assist.