The George Rodrigue Foundation of the Arts announced the top 21 finalists for their 5th annual Art Contest.
In partnership with the Audubon Nature Institute, GRFA selected the top art submissions from Louisiana high school juniors and seniors who will share $50,000 in college scholarship. The 21 finalists were selected by the first round of judges from over 700 entries from across the state, making this year's contest the biggest yet. The top senior winner, selected by a panel of celebrity judges, will have the opportunity to design a poster to be sold at all Audubon Nature Institute properties.
Scholarships and awards will be presented by celebrity judges at the 5th annual Arts Contest Awards Luncheon presented by Chevron on Saturday, March 22 at the Audubon Tea Room.
Finalists from the Lafayette area:
· Natalie Allen, Senior, St. Thomas More High School, Lafayette
· Emily Dugal, St. Thomas More High School, Lafayette
· Morgan Fangue, Senior, Catholic High School, New Iberia
· Courtlyn Kaiser, Senior, Loureauville High School, Loureauville
· Jacklyn Marr, Senior, St. Thomas More High School, Lafayette
· Taylor Verrett, Senior, Lafayette High School, Lafayette
· Grace Borne, Junior, Lafayette High School, Lafayette