On Januarys 1, 2015 at approximately 12:20 P.M., Scott Fire Department was dispatched to a residential fire at 104 Earline Drive, located inside the Scott City Limits.Firefighters arrived and observed a fire in in the rear exterior of the structure, entering the attic area.
Firefighters made entry into the structure and were able to quickly extinguish the fire, before it entered the attic.
An investigation concluded that the residents placed debris from the fireplace, which was burned the night before, inside of a trashcan. The trashcan was then brought outside, and placed near the rear of the home. After several hours, the debris from the fireplace heated the contents inside of the trashcan, igniting in a fire, which spread to the home.
No one was injured as a result of the fire, and the home received minimal fire and smoke damage.