Shortly before 8:00 am on Tuesday morning, the Lafayette Fire Department received an emergency call from the office manager of Himbola Apartments stating that the building was filled with smoke. Firefighters arrived on the scene and discovered a smoldering fire inside the office. The fire was quickly extinguished. The heat damage was minimal, but the complete interior sustained heavy smoke damage.
The office personnel informed fire officials that they arrived to work on Tuesday morning and discovered the business office filled with smoke. Fire investigators determined that someone forced entry into the business during the night time. The suspect(s) set a fire in one of the offices. The investigation is ongoing.
If anyone has any information, they are asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 232-TIPS or the Lafayette Fire Department 291-8716.