Lafayette residential fire ruled an accident

A residential fire in the 100 block of East Spring St. took place in the early afternoon on Wednesday.

When firefighters with the Lafayette Fire Department arrived on the scene, the house was completely engulfed with heavy flames coming from several windows and doors. Firefighters were able to put out the fire within 15 minutes. The fire caused heavy damage to the home and the family’s belongings.

Investigators have determined that the cause of the fire was because of unattended grease in a pot on a lit burner on a stove.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s