You can throw out any unused prescription drugs at certain locations this weekend.
Multiple law enforcement agencies have partnered nationwide to promote National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day.
The National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day aims to provide a safe, convenient and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs, while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse of medications.
Prescription drugs can be dropped off from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, at the following sites:
• Caddo Parish Sheriff’s Office, 8910 Jewella Avenue,
• Bossier Parish Sheriff’s Office Viking Drive Substation, 2510 Viking Drive,
• Louisiana State Police Troop G office, 5300 Industrial Drive, Extended,
• Monroe Police Department, 700 Wood St.,
• Louisiana State Police Troop F office, 1240 Highway 594,
• Louisiana State Police Troop E office, 1710 Odom St.,
• Broussard Police Department at Walgreen’s Parking Lot, 105 St. Nazaire,
• Lake Charles Police Department at the Lake Charles Civic Center Parking Lot, 900 Lakeshore Drive,
• Louisiana State Police Troop D office, 805 Main St.,