Firefighters battle blaze at Scott apartments

Photo Credit: Scott Fire Department

A fire was quickly brought under control, Sunday morning, at a Scott apartment complex.

Authorities say it happened at the Westgate Arms Apartment Complex in the 100 block of Cheyenne Circle, around 10 a.m.

According to Fire Chief Chad Sonnier, upon arrival firefighters observed smoke emitting from the roofline of a fouplex. Firefighters accessed the roof to find a fire inside of a wall on the second floor, which was quickly brought under control.

An investigation of the incident revealed the fire to be accidental. While utilizing torches to heat tar during repairs, roofers accidently ignited the fire.

There was minimal damage to the apartment and residents were allowed to return to their homes. No one was injured as a result of the fire.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s