OPELOUSAS, La. – A local bed and breakfast is severely damaged after an apparent electrical fire, according to St. Landry Parish Fire District #3.
The fire started around 7 p.m. at the Country Ridge Bed and Breakfast at 169 Country Ridge Road.
Fire Chief Ray Mendenhall said the cause of the blaze is believed to be electrical and started in the bathroom but investigators are currently working to confirm the details.
The owners, who were home at the time, were able to escape without injuries.
Mendenhall credited his firefighters for doing an “excellent job” of preventing the flames from spreading to the back of the house, where the owners live.
The owners “couldn’t be happier” that the building was saved, according to the fire chief.
The case remains under investigation.