The Lafayette Fire Department responded today to a small fire in a bathroom at Paul Breaux Middle School.
Lafayette Parish School System spokeswoman Mona Bernard said a male student went into one of the boys bathrooms and set fire to a paper towel dispenser.
The fire department was called, and the fire was contained quickly. No one was injured. The damage was minor, mostly smoke and soot, Bernard said.
The student suspected of setting the fire is in custody and waiting on his parents to arrive at the school.