EUNICE, La. (KLFY)—In two separate incidents, two Eunice residents are behind bars after selling narcotics to undercover agents within a few blocks of a school.
Authorities with the St. Landry Parish Sheriff’s Office tell KLFY News 10, that their narcotic enforcement team began executing warrants.
The warrants were a result of a series of undercover buys and possession cases were made in the Eunice area.
In separate cases officials tell News 10, Stephanie Matte, 23, of Eunice and Nicklos Thomas, of Eunice sold illegal narcotics to undercover agents one to two blocks of Elementary and a Jr. High school.
Matte was charged additionally due to her selling the illegal narcotics in the presence of a minor child.
Stephanie R. Matte’s Bond was set at $65,000 was charged as follows:
- Distribution of schedule II (3 Counts)
- Violation of drug-free zone (2 Counts)
- Illegal use of CDS in the presence of a person under the age of 17
Nicklos R. Thomas was charged as follows:
- Distribution of schedule II (Crack)
- Violation of a drug-free zone