The Following has been released by the St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office:
(St. Martinville, LA)-On June 3, 2016, Deputies with the St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office arrested a Cecilia man following an investigation into a suspicious vehicle complaint on Courtableau Hwy., whereby stolen electronics and several firearms were recovered in the vehicle. The stolen property located in the vehicle was later linked to a burglary that had been committed in Iberia Parish the morning of June 3rd.
Investigators initiated a second investigation for an attempted burglary that took place in Catahoula also on June 3rd, and through that investigation, learned that the suspect was subsequently linked to a burglary that had taken place in Breaux Bridge on May 23, 2016.
Yesterday evening, the suspect who was identified as Layne Dupuis, 22, Cecilia, who was still incarcerated in the St. Martin Parish Correctional Center for the June 3rd arrest, was additionally charged and booked as follows in connection with the above burglaries:
- Attempted Unauthorized Entry of an Inhabited Dwelling (For Attempted Burglary on June 3, 2016)
- Simple Criminal Damage to Property (For Attempted Burglary on June 3, 2016)
- Simple Burglary Movable or Unmovable (1 count) (For Burglary on May 23, 2016)
His initial charges were as follows:
- Failure To Appear; Issuance of Arrest Warrant
- Illegal Possession of Stolen Firearms
- Illegal Possession of Stolen Things over $500.00
- Possession of Firearm/Concealed By Convicted Felon
At the time of this release, his bond was set at $30,000.00 for the initial charges, however; no bond has been set yet for the latest charges.