Red, White and Blueberry Salad
-5 oz. baby spinach
-1/4 cup cubed watermelon
-1/4 cup sliced strawberries
-1/4 cup blueberries
-Handful of feta cheese
-Handful of pecans
-Fat-free raspberry vinaigrette dressing to taste
*Optional: sliced grilled chicken, salmon or shrimp to taste
- Place the desired amount of baby spinach into a chilled salad bowl.
- Top the greens with sliced strawberries, fresh-cut watermelon and blueberries.
- Add a handful of feta cheese and pecans to top off the salad.
- Drizzle raspberry vinaigrette dressing on top or serve on the side.
- You can add *sliced grilled chicken on top for added taste and protein, as well as grilled salmon or shrimp.
- Serve and enjoy!
Newk’s Tippah County Caviar
– 4-5 cans of black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained, or 4-5 cups of black-eyed peas soaked overnight
– 1 cup pimentos
– 1 medium diced yellow bell pepper
– 1 bunch green onions, chopped
– 4-5 fresh jalapeno peppers, diced with seeds removed
– 1 cup canola oil
– 1 cup red wine vinegar
– Pinch of garlic powder
– Pinch of seasoning salt
– Pinch of salt
– Pinch of black pepper
– 1 tbsp. of your favorite store-bought hot sauce
In a large bowl, combine the dry mix ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine the wet mix ingredients for the dressing and whisk well. Once mixed, add the dressing to the dry mix and stir to blend the ingredients thoroughly. Serve chilled and enjoy!