LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY)– Lafayette firefighter responded to a mobile home fire at Summerwood Mobile Home Community on the 3000 block of Kaliste Saloom Road.
According to a news release, authorities responded at 4:36 this afternoon.
Firefighters said heavy smoke was coming from the windows of the mobile home when emergency crews arrived. Crews gained entry to the mobile and quickly extinguished a fire in the living room.
The living room sustained heavy fire damage.
The mobile home was not occupied at the time of the fire.
Fire investigators determined that the fire originated behind a sofa. An electrical short in an extension cord was the cause of the fire.