Lafayette firefighters extinguish residential fire

Photo Credit: KLFY

LAFAYETTE, La. (KFLY)— Firefighters responded to a residential fire in Lafayette this morning, authorities said.

The firefighters responded to the 100 block of Horeshoe Drive after a resident of one of the condos smelled smoke while walking on the sidewalk.

Firefighters said when they arrived the windows of the two-story condo was filled with thick soot.

According to a news release, a fire was discovered in the kitchen as firefighters made their way into the condo.

The condo sustained heavy fire damage in the kitchen and moderate smoke damage throughout.

Authorities said the condo was not occupied due to the recent flooding.

Investigators are saying the fire originated on a stove in the kitchen, and the cause was determined to be an accident.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s