BREAUX BRIDGE, La. (KLFY)— A Breaux Bridge man has been arrested after allegedly selling narcotics to undercover agents.
According to a news release, deputies with the St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office arrested Eric Ledet, 26, of Breaux Bridge less than 200 feet from the Parks Primary School.
Deputies following an investigation made the arrest after they say they were following an investigation into reports of suspected illegal drug activity.
A spokesperson with the Sheriff’s Office said Narcotics Agents obtained a search warrant after undercover officers purchased illegal drugs at a residence in Parks, Louisiana.
Earlier this morning deputies along with Parks Police searched the residence.
Authorities said Ledet was in possession of marijuana, hydrocodone, a stolen handgun, and U.S. currency.
He was charged with:
- Possession With The Intent To Distribute Schedule I CDS (Marijuana)
- Possession With The Intent to Distribute Schedule III CDS (Hydrocodone)
- Illegal Carrying Of Weapons In The Presence of a CDS
- Illegal Possession of a Stolen Firearm
- Transactions Involving Proceeds From Drug Offenses
- Violation of Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substance Law Drug Free Zone
- Possession Of Drug Paraphernalia
Following his arrest, he was booked into the St. Martin Parish Correctional Center on the above charges. At the time of this release, no bond had been set.