Dog rescued from house fire in Scott


SCOTT, La. (KLFY) Fire Investigators in Scott say a home in the 100 block of Rice Circle suffered minimal damage after a fire around midnight.

When they arrived, heavy smoke was seen coming from the rooftop of the home.

Once inside firefighters say they noticed flames coming from the kitchen area and that it was quickly brought under control.

Fire Chief Chad Sonnier said the homeowner was not at home when the fire began, however the family’s dog was rescued and is expected to make a full recovery.

An investigation has revealed that the fire began when a combustible item fell onto a stovetop burner, which was previously left on.

The fire has been ruled accidental.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s