SCOTT, La. (KLFY) – Scott Police have arrested a man on multiple drug charges while assisting the landlord of a local mobile home park with an eviction notice.
The arrest happened in the 2900 block of West Willow.
According to Chief Chad Leger, the renter answered the door and officers noticed a strong odor of marijuana coming from inside the residence.
Officers were able to conduct a search of the mobile home and found 8.4 grams of crack cocaine with a street value of $1,050, 28.8 grams of marijuana with a street value of $153, a stolen firearm, ammunition and other drug paraphernalia.
One of the occupants, Larry Brown Jr., claimed that all of the items belong to him and he was taken into custody.
Brown was booked into the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center on the following charges:
- Possession with Intent to Distribute of Schedule I
- Possession with Intent to Distribute of Schedule II
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon
- Illegal Possession of a Stolen Firearm
No bond has been set at this time.