Scott firefighters respond to apartment fire Monday evening

Photo Credit: MGN
Photo Credit: MGN

SCOTT, La. (KLFY)  – Firefighters responded to a commercial fire at the Ile Des Cannes Apartment Complex on Sweetbriar Street at 8:11 p.m. Monday evening.

Upon arrival crews found heavy smoke coming from the front door of a downstairs apartment.

Firefighters were able to remove the resident from the apartment and quickly contain the fire that emanated from the kitchen.

The resident and a another tenant living above the apartment were transported to a local hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.

Both are expected to make full recoveries.

The kitchen of the apartment suffered heavy fire damage, while the rest of the unit suffered moderate smoke and heat damage.

The remaining three apartments suffered minimal smoke damage.

Scott Fire Chief Chad Sonnier says the fire has been ruled accidental after an investigation revealed that the resident began cooking and left a burner on while they went to the store.

No firefighters were injured while battling the blaze.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s