LAFAYAYETTE, La. (KLFY)– Ten schools and eight businesses have been singled out by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
The university picked these locations for the best red and white decorations and costumes, creative skits, and Ragin’ Cajun spirit as part of the annual “Paint the Town Red” contest.
A group of local celebrity judges selected winners in several categories.
Businesses were judged Wednesday. Schools were judged Thursday.
Business winners are:
• Exterior decorations – University of Louisiana Credit Union (first place), Sonic Drive-In (second place), and Drs. Keaty and Gouri Pediatric Dentistry (third place).
• Interior decorations – Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office (first place), University of Louisiana Credit Union (second place), and Garden View Assisted Living (third place).
• Skit – Ottinger Hebert law firm (first place), BancorpSouth (second place), and Gerami Academy of Fine Arts (third place).
School winners are:
• Best overall – Ascension Episcopal (downtown campus)
• Best costume – Milton Elementary
• Loudest chant – Prairie Elementary
• Best skit – Ernest Gallet Elementary
• Most creative theme – Woodvale Elementary
• Most creative decorations – Plantation Elementary
• Best academic connection – Acadian Middle School
• Most Ragin’ Cajun Spirit – St. Cecilia Catholic School
• Best school participation – Ridge Elementary
• Judge’s choice – Katharine Drexel Elementary