LFD: electrical malfunction causes fire on Darrell Street

Photo Courtesy: Lafayette Fire Department
Photo Courtesy: Lafayette Fire Department

LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) – Officials say an electrical malfunction in a dryer caused a fire in the utility room of a Lafayette home early this afternoon.

The homeowner called 911 after arriving home and seeing smoke coming from the vents on the roof.

Firefighters arrived at the house in the 200 block of Darrell Street shortly before 12:30 p.m.

Alton Trahan, a fire department spokesperson, said the crews quickly extinguished the flames and the damage was contained to the home’s utility room.

No injuries were reported.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s