Unattended pot on stove caused house fire in Scott

SCOTT, La. (KLFY) A home on St. Louis Street in Scott caught fire late Saturday afternoon.

The Scott Fire Department responded to a house fire in the 1000 block of St. Louis Street around 5 p.m.

Scott Fire Chief Chad Sonnier said the residents were evacuated prior to their arrival and there were no injuries to civilians or personnel.

According to Sonnier, during the investigation it was learned the homeowner began cooking and left the stove unattended.

He said the fire originated on the stove and quickly spread to the cabinets and kitchen area.

The home received heavy fire damage in the kitchen, with moderate smoke damage throughout the structure, Sonnier said.

 

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s