Abbeville home a ‘total loss’ after fire

Viewer Submitted Photo

ABBEVILLE, La. (KLFY) – A house is now a “total loss” after a fire Friday afternoon in the 300 block of Laura Street near Abbeville, according to Abbeville Fire Chief Jude Mire.

The chief said the house was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.

A neighbor attempted to rescue some pets from the house and suffered smoke inhalation. Mire said the neighbor was treated by paramedics on the scene.

Five fire departments responded to the fire, including 7th Ward Volunteer Fire Department, Henry Fire Department, Erath Fire Department, and Abbeville Fire Department.

No other injuries have been reported.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s