Unattended lit candle leads to Scott house fire

Photo Credit: Scott Fire Department

SCOTT, La. (KLFY) – The Scott Fire Department was called to put out a house fire on the 100 block of Sheridan Drive this afternoon.

Fire Chief Chad Sonnier said that when firefighters arrived, they noticed heavy smoke emitting from the roof’s edges and fire coming out of a bedroom window.

Sonnier added that the fire’s origin was an unattended lit candle accidentally left by the homeowner in the bedroom.

The bedroom where the fire started received moderate damage, with the rest of the home receiving some smoke and heat damage.

No one was injured as a result of the fire, according to Sonnier.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s