1. ‘THANKS TO YOU WE’VE REACHED A MILESTONE’
Hillary Clinton claims victory in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination and will be the first woman to lead a major U.S. political party.
2. REPUBLICANS UNITE … TO DENOUNCE TRUMP
Party leaders are opposing the candidate’s attacks on a federal judge, with House Speaker Paul Ryan calling them the “textbook definition of a racist comment”; Trump says he was “misconstrued.”
3. ALI’S REMEMBERED BY HOMETOWN LOCALS
As they wait in long lines to get tickets to his memorial service, those who knew Muhammad Ali when he lived in Louisville are recounting brushes with him around town, from ballgames to the barber shop.
4. WHICH STATE COULD DRAW UNWANTED ATTENTION FROM THE FEDS
One of Illinois’ many unpaid bills threatens to provoke a dispute with the FBI and demands to pay up from the U.S. Treasury Department, documents obtained by AP show.
5. WHERE FAKE CEOs ARE LIVING FREELY
Israel is set to issue charges against an alleged crime ring accused of impersonating senior executives at major global companies to dupe employees into sending them more than $10 million.
6. WHY IRAQ’S BATTLE FOR FALLUJAH HAS STALLED
Seven battalions of Iraqi special forces are unable to advance due to what commanders say are disagreements among the disparate troops fighting the Islamic State group, illustrating how fractured the country’s security force are.
7. AMERICA’S OBESITY EPIDEMIC GROWS
For the first time, more than four in 10 U.S. women are obese, according to new government health statistics.
8. SOME NBC STAFF OPT OUT OF RIO GAMES
A “small handful” of the network’s employees won’t cover the Olympics, including “Today” show co-host Savannah Guthrie.
9. PUERTO RICO’S ONLY ACTIVE AIR AMBULANCE SERVICE IS GROUNDED
The company is blaming a multimillion-dollar government debt owed by the cash-starved island.
10. NFL’S TWITTER ACCOUNT IS INTERCEPTED
The league and law enforcement looking into a hacking and tweet that falsely announced Commissioner Roger Goodell had died.